Saturday, February 20, 2010

Through the Eyes of me

I think sometimes people think that just because you are a certain way means that you will act a certain way and do certain things. So often you are stereo-typed because of what you are instead of by who you are.

Please don't look at me and assume I stink because I can't see if there is stains on my clothes or if my hair is sticking up or my teeth have something green between them. Don't assume that I'm like this...just because in the mirror my eyes cannot see these things.

Don't think you can complain to me about all YOUR disabilities as I sit there as plan as day overcoming one moment after moment day after day. It's not a disability it is an HONOR from the Lord. Just because my eyes can't see you roll your eyes doesn't mean my heart cannot feel it.

Don't assume that I can not take care of myself and that I will not amount to anything just because my eyes can not drive me from one place to another.

And don't assume that I wouldn't do the best darn job ever at whatever you might hire me to do just because I can not see. My life and my love for the Lord is much much deeper because from an early age I had to LEARN to rely on Him. I see through people....maybe not physically, but spiritually.

God has made me who I am today and He made no mistake. I will not let anything you say or do to me affect who I am in Christ. I am made in the image and likeness of Him. He is my everything. His power is made PERFECT in my weaknesses.

No comments: