Friday, December 23, 2011

Running.... (11/17/2011)

" I am running, running after You. You've become my souls delight. I'm running after You, Here with You I find my life. Now I'm running after the thing that matters. You've become my joy and song. I find my joy in worshiping You Lord."

I was thinking about this tonight in light of this song I found. Kari Jobe is my absolute favorite 'worship' singer out there. This song called running just really hit home. 

I was thinking about how it seems people in these disfunctional situations tend to just run. But, they don't run to the right things. They run right back into a simliar situation, or they run to alcohol or drugs or hmmm facebook? But, oh how important it is for us (me) to run to Jesus. He is the ONLY right place to go. I find when I am in the deepest darkest of trials is when I feel the CLOSEST to Him. Now that doesn't mean I want to always be in a 'trial' so that I will feel close to my God, but I feel it just means that I have finally learned to cling to my Savior in those times instead of trying to do it on my own. Ok, scratch that I haven't learnED...i am learnING. Truly though, He has become my souls delight. 

A couple of you just out of encouragement told me to 'follow my heart'. While I know what you mean and that you are just trying to offer up kind words I just want to put this out there. I never ever will be following my heart. I believe that my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9) and no decision that I make apart from God will be a good one.  I do not make ANY decisions on my heart/emotions but solely on the TRUTH of the Word of God. Perhaps that's hard for some of you to understand, but I feel there is no other way to do it. I understand that my emotions are going to play into my decision, but hopefully I am wise enough to not allow them to RULE my decision. 

1 comment:

amalison said...

You have a good clear way of putting your thoughts into words Regan. I agree with your stand point too. I'm so glad that God gives us a new heart some day.